winter boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaFalls

Reaction score
Okay, the same questions repeated. My Sorels have seen better days (leaking at the seams, right around the toes). I like the Sorels at that type boot. I heard good words about "boz" boots? Any two bits appreciated.
Lavafalls

Okay, the same questions repeated. My Sorels have seen better days (leaking at the seams, right around the toes). I like the Sorels at that type boot. I heard good words about "boz" boots? Any two bits appreciated.
Lavafalls

I got a pair of these on sale ($119) from Bean's after the holiday rush two years ago.

Worn them a few times so far with snowshoes and microspikes and they do just fine on most winter 4ks.

Warm and comfortable but sole is flexible so they won't be good with rigid crampons. Quite comfortable in snowshoes and bare booting. cb

Last edited:
I've found Kamik boots to be less leak-prone than Sorels which always seemed to start delaminating between the upper and the sole sometime during the second season of use. The Kamik Nation Plus has been my favored model which replaced a couple of goes with the Sorel Caribou (which had the delamination problem I mentioned.) The Kamiks outlived the Sorels by at least twice the time. I was surprised with the first pair of Kamiks that I ordered, thinking the size of the Sorel would be comparable. I needed to go a half size larger with the Kamiks.

Last edited: