Wildcats ski trail in winter ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note, the pass is not free, you have to buy an uphill pass which is far less money than a downhill pass. By buying the pass, NH recreational liability waiver is in effect for your hike so you can not sue the ski area for injuries. Unless the rules have changed you cannot head out on the mountain until the ski area is officially open for the day. In theory if you elected to hike up from the AT on either end of ridge and walk down you theoretically are supposed to buy a pass when you get to the bottom. Various reports over the years indicate few employees are up to speed on the rules as this usage is fairly rare.

Note there is also a cross country ski trail that runs up from the Jackson Ski touring system from the backside. I expect few would attempt to hike it in winter as it would be far longer. it is not on Wildcat's lease and therefore no need for a pass.

Note there is also a cross country ski trail that runs up from the Jackson Ski touring system from the backside. I expect few would attempt to hike it in winter as it would be far longer. it is not on Wildcat's lease and therefore no need for a pass.
It does, however, require a Jackson Ski touring pass, at least for the trails that access trail in question.

It does, however, require a Jackson Ski touring pass, at least for the trails that access trail in question.

Does the Jackson Foundation actually do any grooming or patrols on the Wildcat Ski Trail between the summit and the Rt 16 crossing?

Also, if you exit the trail at Rt 16 crossing do you still need a Foundation Pass?

I've always been hazy about Jackson Foundation's involvement in the backside Wildcat ski trail.

Does the Jackson Foundation actually do any grooming or patrols on the Wildcat Ski Trail between the summit and the Rt 16 crossing?

Also, if you exit the trail at Rt 16 crossing do you still need a Foundation Pass?

I've always been hazy about Jackson Foundation's involvement in the backside Wildcat ski trail.

Wildcat Valley Trail doesn't cross rt 16. It runs from Carter Notch Rd to the summit and is ungroomed from its junction with Beth Hendrick to the top. Hall's Ledge or Hutman's/Dana Place will give you access from 16 but you have to cross over groomed and patrolled trails to make the connection to the upper WVT.

https://www.jacksonxc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Jackson_XC_Printed_Trail_Map_2018.pdf

Anyone know how much the uphill pass costs? Planning on going tomorrow.

I would assume dogs are prohibited. I was worried I was going to get hit. My dog would have been a speed bump up there.