Hikers Find Missing Wedding Ring

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lugged a metal detector a few miles up Moody Mtn in Maine this summer including a few miles of bushwhacking to try to locate a missing AT corridor boundary marker, unfortunately I was not as successful as they were :(

Here is the organic AT Boundary Monument detector I used some time back. He was just in training at the time of the pictures. Turns out that oxidized aluminum has a pretty strong smell. IMG_0524.jpgIMG_0525.jpg

Here is the organic AT Boundary Monument detector I used some time back. He was just in training at the time of the pictures. Turns out that oxidized aluminum has a pretty strong smell. View attachment 6312View attachment 6313

Fabulous. I have seen avy dogs at work. Hi tech folks have spent a ton of money developing a chemical "sniffer" that is not as sensitive as the nose of a dog, which just friggin grows naturally. Plus, the avy sniffer is still carried around by dead slow, virtually paralyzed human rescuers, whereas the dog has a more sensitive sensor, and can run three times as fast. Gotta love dogs!

Fabulous. I have seen avy dogs at work. Hi tech folks have spent a ton of money developing a chemical "sniffer" that is not as sensitive as the nose of a dog, which just friggin grows naturally. Plus, the avy sniffer is still carried around by dead slow, virtually paralyzed human rescuers, whereas the dog has a more sensitive sensor, and can run three times as fast. Gotta love dogs!

It is amazing to see. Gryffin can follow a trail under a foot or more of snow just by using his nose. I've done bushwhacks (out and backs) and he can backtrack step for step using his nose.

"Dad! Someone spilled their lunch here last summer!"

Tim