Darn Tough expanding in VT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the socks, though, I've never used them. Do the hiking/trekking ones really last and continue to provide good cushioning?

Their socks are awesome. I still own every pair I've ever bought and they show zero signs of wear, still stay up, etc. Not even a comparison to other sock brands I've tried like Smartwool, etc.

They are great socks, the biggest issue is in order to grow they have lot more types and variety of socks. it make picking which one a bit bewildering. If you are near Farmway, I think they have broad inventory so you can put your hands on them. If you don't mind warm feet their T4050 tactical socks are ultracushion and real warm. Overkill for summer fall but hard to beat for winter. I bought a couple of bags of their seconds at the annual sock sale.

Eventually the terry cloth loops on the cushioning do wear out but only after a long time. On their standard hikers they have terry cloth like cushioned area with the rest of the sock more breathable.

BTW I used to use smartwools but swapped tio DT about 15 years ago.

There loops are shorter and denser than say a Smartwool or Fox River hiking sock. This contributes to their durability, helping the cushioning last longer, but it makes the cushioning feel less spongy and airy (poofy?).

There loops are shorter and denser than say a Smartwool or Fox River hiking sock. This contributes to their durability, helping the cushioning last longer, but it makes the cushioning feel less spongy and airy (poofy?).

I find the darn tough socks have too tight a grip on the upper area used to hold the socks up. Cutting my circulation down. I had an issue with Tube type socks many years ago cutting the blood flow to my feet and never realized it was the socks until I saw a ring after removing them. Since then I steer away from tight elastic type or tight weave type socks. For hiking I use Ragg Wool LLbeans mostly year round. Top stays up and no cutting of blood flow. I do wear lighter type wool's but turn the top down to pad the top so to speak but my main hikers and day to day winter socks at the LL Ragg Wools.