Helicopter Rescue on Mt Lincoln

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read this last night. Would love to get more details, but this seems to fall into the "sh_t happens" for me. I've fallen many times with a long tumble down Owl's Head slide being the worst.

I even recall standing on what could be that exact spot in a whiteout and a feeling of vertigo taking over. Looking down a chute, it really looked like I was looking on a flat trail. Took a moment or two to understand which way was up. I understand the hiking alone thing, but not sure how it would've helped him there.

Would love to get more details,

The SAR post on Facebook indicated he aborted attempt on Lafayette due to high winds and poor visibility and was attempting to return to Lincoln when he lost trail and fell, at which point he called 911.

With the limited info the only thing I got out of it was a solo CCW loop up Falling Waters trail in winter and more importantly cell phone GPS readings in bad weather are not reliable.

I was out climbing in Northern Vermont that day....the wind was terrible and visibility was low. My max elevation was ~3,250' that day. I can't imagine how windy and bad it must've been on Lafayette. Glad he was successfully rescued!