Thread: Skiing this weekend in the Pemi

Skiing this weekend in the Pemi

Id like to try out a new set of cross country boards on the trails out of Lincoln Woods this weekend. With the recent crazy weather I have no idea what conditions to expect. Any beta would be appreciated.
    I agree with Ranxerox !!!!

Swampyankee

Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kennebago Divide
    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    I’d like to try out a new set of cross country boards on the trails out of Lincoln Woods this weekend. With the recent crazy weather I have no idea what conditions to expect. Any beta would be appreciated.
    My man who keeps our driveway clear in Plymouth reports 10" wet heavy snow fell as Thursday AM. He says 6-8" is expected in Plymouth Saturday. I expect further north or further up elevation the lower will be water content. I expect Saturday dump will be less water content as cold air has returned to region. I'd say conditions look good for Sunday. Driving conditions getting to Lincoln is another matter.
    On #67 of NE67
    On #99 of NEHH
    On #46 of WNH48

An atom walked up to me and said "i think I've lost an electron"
    I said "are you sure?"
    It reply "I'm positive."

'Springtime' on the Carters (Tamworth, NH)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzbo View Post
    My man who keeps our driveway clear in Plymouth reports 10" wet heavy snow fell as Thursday AM. He says 6-8" is expected in Plymouth Saturday. I expect further north or further up elevation the lower will be water content. I expect Saturday dump will be less water content as cold air has returned to region. I'd say conditions look good for Sunday. Driving conditions getting to Lincoln is another matter.
    It's supposed to warm up as the storm moves through, so it might be a mix, with wetter stuff on top. Between the two storms, I suspect there will be enough coverage on the Lincoln Woods and East Side trails, at least to the wilderness boundaries.
    | 64.5% W48: 19/48
    Trail Adopter of the Guinea Pond Trail

The snow was wet when it fell yesterday, but it's dried out with the colder temps so you can expect mostly powder on Saturday.

Dry fluff up in Gorham from thursday. If course high temp for the Friday was 4 F and windy.

Quote Originally Posted by psmart View Post
    The snow was wet when it fell yesterday, but it's dried out with the colder temps so you can expect mostly powder on Saturday.
    Exactly. You should have decent powder this weekend. Any snow that falls on Saturday evening through Sunday morning should be decent, too, with the cold temps keeping it that way. Warm-up (for what it's worth) doesn't take effect until late morning/early afternoon on Sunday, and it's only a short window of upper 20s to low 30s, still below freezing, before temps drop into single digits Sunday evening.

Go for it.