Twins/Galehead

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaTom

Reaction score
Few years back, we did the winter hike from Seven Dwarfs motel to Twins, then Galehead, down Gale River trail to ski trail to route 3. I know there has been some land disputes over by the motel but saw a recent post (either Facebook or NETC) that someone paid the land owner $10 for access. I have also seen routes which appear to be out & back from ski trail. Has anyone recently hiked these in the winter and can offer the best track to take. Thanks.

From what I have read:

Parking is at 7D (probably where the $10 went) and then walk to the end of the road, right over the bridge, and then continue to the snowmobile route, AVOIDING the posted property where the Old North Twin Trail is (the former winter now closed route).

Tim

From what I have read:

Parking is at 7D (probably where the $10 went) and then walk to the end of the road, right over the bridge, and then continue to the snowmobile route, AVOIDING the posted property where the Old North Twin Trail is (the former winter now closed route).

Tim

As always Tim, thanks for the info.