Lend a Hand

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinnieG

Reaction score
Hey,
Is the lend a hand trail going to hale typically broken out in the winter? Planning a nobo bonds traverse for Saturday and Hale would be my final winter 48.

I wouldn't expect it to be broken out but you never know. Looks like someone did it on 2/17 on a traverse and it was OK but I don't know that it is a popular option in Winter.

EDIT: Actually, as I go through the reports on NETC it looks like a reference to the route at least every 2 weeks or so. Guess it has become somewhat more popular than I remember it. Don't travel that way much in Winter. Should at least have some evidence of a track to follow unless new snow has really drifted it in.

Last edited:
Sounds good. If there is less than 6” of fresh powder I’ll go for it.

Ended up having to move the hike to Sunday. Was making great time to the top of Bondcliff but had to turn back at the summit. Wind was sustained 40-50 and was gusting so hard I could not stay on my feet. Looking at bonds exposed Ridge it was an easy decision to turn back. Going to try next weekend from Zealand.