Which Forums Would You Sorely Miss?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Forum(s) Would You Miss?

• Trips & Events

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nature Photography

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Paddle Park

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Trail Conditions (All)

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Among the options I have at my disposal is a swap to different forum software, along with a migration. Based on my own experience, I would preserve the following forums:

Q&A New England
Q&A New York
Trip Reports
General Backcountry

If you feel strongly about any of the other forums, please let me know.

Tim

Agree with the OP. Those listed are the ones I view most often.

I agree in dumping trail conditions, Jeremy's site is lot more popular and quicker to use.

Kind of sad to see Trips and Events go away as that long ago was a very popular forum but as the years went on it pretty well went quiet.

I think the photo forum can pretty well be wrapped in the trail reports.

Hopefully we dont need new screen names ;)

Options so far should preserve most everything, although the migration costs are per forum. I don't mind re-created Trips & Events or Trail Conditions for that matter - but I don't feel the content of either is worth preserving.

(I added None of the above as an option, if you want to go back and push that button...)

Tim

Tim,

I am totally fine with you using your discretion to determine which parts go and which stay.

Thanks for the effort and care you provide to this "vintage" Internet hiking site. I appreciate it.

cb

Although VFTT has a mostly NE base, I was the one who pushed Darren for a NY page. Lots of people from NY to there and NE hikers looking for NY beta as well. Really glad to keep it.

I'd miss the trail conditions, however that is more due to nostalgia, I see that the New England Trail Conditions site is widely used. I'm just old.