Monadnock State Park - day use reservation system required

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Monadnock State Park
In response to COVID-19, NH State parks will be utilizing our online day use reservation system at Monadnock State Park and suspending all cash transactions where feasible. Visitors are encouraged to utilize the self-pay stations and the online reservation system. Parking Day Passes are available through the "reserve now" button below.

With the new restrictions in place in NH, folks wanting to use the state parks should check in advance of heading out as I expect other new policies may be in place.

Interesting, does that apply to all the trailheads? I was there back in November at the Half-way house lot. It's been awhile since I've been up the Dublin which used to be free as well as Marlboro & I believe the Pumpelly trailheads. Has that changed? Looking at the Monadnock-Sunapee site, it looks like the section from Route 101 to the Monadnock summit is six miles each way.

For Social distancing, Monadnock should only be on your to-do list between 11:00 PM and maybe sunrise. I'm thinking, a) the park is closed then & b) You probably really need to know your stuff and gear to try it, even if the park was open

Is this just for Monadnock or for ALL NH State parks? It appears to specifically be for Monadnock but all of the articles referencing it as NH State Parks. Is Monadnock the only State park in NH??

EDIT: I guess I am answering my own question. I clicked through the links and there is a huge list.