From Hiking to the ICU in a Few Short Days

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Which mountain and what date.. Sounds like he is getting better. Seems that the fever spikes quickly. I know that I can't tell when I'm a degree or so off as there have been times I've been deferred to give blood due to having a fever of 99.7. I felt fine walking in.

What seems scary with Covid-19 is that people may feel fine for several days and be infected. With the lack of testing, you have no way of knowing who's been exposed & some may have it and not really get sick. You have to assume everyone may have it and you may have it so maintaining social distance is not just for yourself but for people you may interact with later. (For now, that's your family who's not elderly or in a nursing home)

Of course that sobering story would also apply to the individual going shopping or any myriad of human activity. IMHO hiking is probably pretty low on the list for potentially giving it to someone else.

That's why I avoid humans.... All kidding aside, any event where you are close to others would count.