Ragged Mountain Equipment Mask Article

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.conwaydailysun.com/busi...cle_b11360d8-78ed-11ea-a55c-879eb849b761.html

They appear to be the go to place for masks in the Mt Washington Valley. I expect they would really like to be making gear but they did pivot over to masks pretty quickly. The masks are a fitted design that seals around the face somewhat better than a standard home built mask plus they have a nose bridge to hold it around the nose. There was no color choice last week but they appear to be innovating on the fly. The fit my big face so curious how they would fit someone with much smaller face.

They usually have their spring gear sales lined up for Tucks season and in theory its still going on but expect they are going to have a pile of winter inventory available when things get more normal. Its tough as this was the first winter with the new investors where they could stock up the store.

Last edited:
Just ordered two of these. They re careful to call them face mask COVERS. They should go over some better filtration. But cool anyway and nice to support them.

Yes they are tagged that way specifically. As a commercial entity compared to a volunteer effort, they have to worry about being sued.

The primary benefit for the masks is to stop a carrier from coughing out droplets to contaminate others rather than having a protective effect for someone breathing them in. while

It is interesting the response I got in Walmart up in Gorham about a week ago while waiting in line, I was definitely in the minority in wearing one and by some folks response it looks like others assumed I was a carrier.

Maintaining social distance is the key to avoiding it.

My local supermarket has more people covering their face then not covering. The nearby Wal-Mart on the other hand had many more people without. The local Stop & Shop after a few days has got most people traveling correctly down the one way aisles. Wal-Mart, not so much. At this point I'm making good use of the Bandana's I've collected over the years. I may go out today with a map of Rainier over my face...(it's on a bandana)