Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Private Campgrounds can be open in NH

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...al-day-weekend

New Hampshire’s governor has a Memorial Day weekend message to Massachusetts: Stay in your state
    "That’s where they are and that’s where they should stay."

“Stay local,” Sununu said during a press conference Friday, when asked what his message was to Bay Staters as the neighboring New England States slowly begin to allow more businesses and activities to resume during the coronavirus pandemic.

“We have a stay-at-home order in place here,” he said. “Massachusetts has one in there.”

Tim
    If you look at the actual news conferences by Sununu, he says one thing but then says that the state doesnt intend to actively enforce the stay at home order, rather he depends on out of staters to honor the intent. IMHO the state would much rather have businesses do the dirty work of following the regulation than actually attempting to enforce what are essentially unenforceable controls on the general public.

BTW - Berlin may be welcoming out ot state ATVers (many have bought second homes in the areas) but all the tourist infrastructure is in Gorham and as of yesterday the only interconnecting trail between Gorham and Berlin is closed. Jericho Lake state park is open but many of the trail systems that connect to it are closed.

Long thread so I don't know if this was brought up. Definitely adding fuel to fire of NH residents. One thing I didn't know that I learned from this, is a private company now runs the WMNF campgrounds. When did that happen? I assume it was a staffing issue. Anyway, this was a message from PRO SPORTS INC. a few days ago. This is just a screen shot of that message. Much more info was given. It said most campgrounds would be open on the 22nd, excluding any and all large group sites.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe View Post
    Long thread so I don't know if this was brought up. Definitely adding fuel to fire of NH residents. One thing I didn't know that I learned from this, is a private company now runs the WMNF campgrounds. When did that happen? I assume it was a staffing issue. Anyway, this was a message from PRO SPORTS INC. a few days ago. This is just a screen shot of that message. Much more info was given. It said most campgrounds would be open on the 22nd, excluding any and all large group sites.

They've been run as a concession going on 20 years.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    They've been run as a concession going on 20 years.
    Interesting. A very good friend and husband of my GF live in Campton. Had dinner at their home probably 15 years ago. He said he was in charge of the several of the WMNF campgrounds. I'm pretty sure he said he worked for the USFS/WMNF. Maybe just an overseer of the campgrounds. At any rate, PRO SPORTS INC has invited me up.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Generally, I agree with our local governors on proceeding slowing. Given that it's highly likely, unless I've missed it, that Bike Week will go on and it will likely will produce lots of video of people not wearing masks and not socially distancing, Sununu should have massaged his message to be a bit nicer but on point.
    You missed it. A few weeks ago, an announcement was made that Bike Week has been postponed until August 22-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    You missed it. A few weeks ago, an announcement was made that Bike Week has been postponed until August 22-30.
    I did miss it. I am curious if that means no one will show up, after all they have event like this scheduled all year. Sturgis is ends the 16th of August. Isn't holding NH's event the week after Sturgis similar to having your local golf tournament after the Masters'? if they come anyway, the Gov. and still stay he didn't invite them. He's already said he's not actively enforcing it and we know the POTUS keeps telling people to protest so he can try & get the economy back up and running.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.