Old school VFTT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gathering 3.5 at the low Harvard Cabin, Feb 2001
group.jpg

Spelling out VFTT - Gourmet Hut weekend at Greenleaf, May 2005
sat63.jpg

Dinner prep - Gourmet Hut weekend at Greenleaf, May 2005
sun23.jpg

Wow- how awesome to see so many trail friends from the 2000s! Let me see if I can upload a few...

IMG_1829.jpg]6411[/ATTACH]IMG_1830.jpgIMG_1831.jpgIMG_1832.jpg

Baxter 2007 Arm, Donna and Sue biscuit; Cupsuptic snow shot from 2000 w/ Dennis Crispo, Larry Labonte, Mike Distefano, Paul and Francine Richards among others...and another Baxter with MEB, Harry, Sue, Arm and others. What great fun we've all had!

Last edited:
Frodo, thanks for this GREAT diversion and remember-when. You rock!

Gathering 3.5 at the low Harvard Cabin, Feb 2001
group.jpg

From L to R: Unknown, Brenda, Metsky, Hammerdee, Ridgerunner, Mohamed, Bubba, CindyB, ChrisB, Stan, Eric, Audrey, Pat, Marge

Last edited:
Sad to say I don't have photos but do have a lot of memories of the various Gatherings (the 1st and last and many in between) and other events including the infamous VT bonfires and a swing by the ADK event a couple of times. I dont do Facebook but Steve-o takes pity on occasion and give me a heads up on events.

attachment.php

Jefferson, July 4, 2008

attachment.php

Garfield, March 15, 2008

attachment.php

Flume, December 26, 2008

attachment.php

Lake of the Clouds, July 5, 2009

Tim

Attachments

• Jefferson-17.jpg
    Jefferson-17.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 464
  • grouseking077.jpg
    grouseking077.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 467
I recognize the "easy" fourth of July Presi Traverse (that was no so easy for me) where Matts carried a keg in his pack and we a had late day visit from the ice cream man.

Fabulous representation of Pete Hickey, one of our all time favorite trail-masters!

Wow! I even remembered my password. I’ll have to searching for some photos! I think I started on VFTT around 2004 and started joining group events in 2005. Lots of friends because of “Views”!

Katahdin Feb 2005.jpg Fun times on VFTT!

Attachments

• Dr D, myself and Andrew Thompson.jpg
    Dr D, myself and Andrew Thompson.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Sue Johnston, Al Soshard and Dr. D..jpg
    Sue Johnston, Al Soshard and Dr. D..jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 181
  • Winter Gathering Jan 2004 (2).jpg
    Winter Gathering Jan 2004 (2).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 156
Wow, this is great seeing all these names I remember from when I first discovered VFTT all turning up on this thread alive and well and posting photos. Keep them coming. Even though I only know these people virtually, I'm really enjoying this.

My first VTT hike was in Feb of 03 or 04? I lurked for quite sometime before joining.
It was a pretty decent snowstorm and someone on the hike was supposed to finish her Winter 48 on Isloation.
Unfortunately I don't have any photos from that hike, but my next VFTT hike was on Adams with this crew!
Adams 04.JPG Adams 2004.JPG

MANY more great trips!
Here is another group shot from a Grafton loop trip
Grafton notch loop.jpg

Good times!

This is a great thread. I regret I don't have pictures. Good to see so many VFTTers still hiking. I think I probably met more of this group at the Boston Beer Nights than I did on the trails. I specifically remember Alpinista (Lisa's) going away party at Hooters near North Station. While FB has certainly run roughshod over Internet groups like this I still turn to VFTT when I want advice from people who know what they are talking about. Still proudly have my VFTT bumper sticker!