Welcome Back! (Hosting Changes)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Members and Guests!

www.vftt.org has been migrated to a newer, cheaper, and faster hosting company, located much closer to the majority of you. As such, it should be noticeably faster. (A2 Hosting, if you are curious, in Michigan)

I have also upgraded it to the final version of the software (vBulletin) available at version 4 (4.2.5) - there are no future versions, patches, or security updates - vBulletin 4 is end-of-life. This upgrade allows us to run PHP 7.2, which is fairly new, and still supported, and still receiving security updates.

I am planning to move off vBulletin and on to Xenforo, as a managed service. This will put all the management of the OS, PHP, Software, and Database under control of the hosting company so I don't have to :)

(DNS) Changes will take a little while to propagate around the internet, but if you are reading this, then you are seeing the new site!

I will make sure email / notifications are working shortly.

Tim

Thanks for the upgrade and your effort doing so. Seems to be running well.

Hello Members and Guests!

www.vftt.org has been migrated to a newer, cheaper, and faster hosting company, located much closer to the majority of you. As such, it should be noticeably faster. (A2 Hosting, if you are curious, in Michigan)

I have also upgraded it to the final version of the software (vBulletin) available at version 4 (4.2.5) - there are no future versions, patches, or security updates - vBulletin 4 is end-of-life. This upgrade allows us to run PHP 7.2, which is fairly new, and still supported, and still receiving security updates.

I am planning to move off vBulletin and on to Xenforo, as a managed service. This will put all the management of the OS, PHP, Software, and Database under control of the hosting company so I don't have to :)

(DNS) Changes will take a little while to propagate around the internet, but if you are reading this, then you are seeing the new site!

I will make sure email / notifications are working shortly.

Tim

Pretty much didn't understand a thing you said. ;)

BUT, thank you for the work you put in to keep the site running smoothly. (That much I do understand.)

Best part of an upgrade is when nobody knows it happened. Well done Tim.