NH "Most Scenic Hike" description seems short on intel

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had already guessed that the Franconia Ridge Trail would be listed as NH's most scenic trail in this clickbait.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tr...hike-in-every-state/ss-BB14JgQG?ocid=msedgntp

What I did not know was that it could he "done" in 5.5 hours, won't require snowshoes in winter, and is a great place to watch the sunset.

What could possible go wrong?

Reading many trip reports on "AllTrails.com" I learned that it can be very windy and cold once you get up on Franconia Ridge. Tip: Bring a sweatshirt.

And can someone tell me what a "hand curated" trail guide is?

Last edited:
It was a top walk in walking magazine several years ago also. It can be done in ten hours in the fall with a broken foot too. :D Hopefully the most unprepared will read that now and go while they don't need snowshoes for the little bit they may find.

I wonder if going up to watch the sunset and hanging around until sunrise will become popular?

Reading many trip reports on "AllTrails.com" I learned that it can be very windy and cold once you get up on Franconia Ridge. Tip: Bring a sweatshirt.

And can someone tell me what a "hand curated" trail guide is?

In the winter, the trail also features "artisanal ice."

They also forgot that to mention that the Trailhead parking lot never fills up and leads to very little folks on the trail.
Especially during foliage season.
EF5D9632-CA81-4A04-A637-B866C0272AB5.jpeg

We should start a new 'circles of hell' thread.

- People who say xxx trail can be done in yy hours (NEVER give time estimates!)
- Failure to provide adequate descriptions
- Misuse of 'curated' :rolleyes:

They also forgot that to mention that the Trailhead parking lot never fills up and leads to very little folks on the trail.
Especially during foliage season.
View attachment 6446

Was that this weekend? The picture has a timestamp of 8:58 PM for Saturday & I am thinking it's too light and too crowded for almost 9:00 PM. They are now parking on both sides of the road & with no shuttle.

Things are actually quieter on the loop as the parking restrictions are in place and the shuttle is not running. Note that the huts traffic is also not there but overall less people doing the loop on weekends due to parking. So for most folks the early hiker gets spot. Alternatively moonlight and sunrise hikes are another alternative.

https://www.nhstateparks.org/activities/hiking/franconia-notch-hiker-parking