Windy.com

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillwalker

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Am I late to the party again? Is anyone else using Windy.com for weather and maps. I love the ability to find trails I have been on in Spain and all over the world on this ap. It also explains why weather sometimes is weird.

Am I late to the party again? Is anyone else using Windy.com for weather and maps. I love the ability to find trails I have been on in Spain and all over the world on this ap. It also explains why weather sometimes is weird.

Wow that's kind of funny. Someone made reference to this website awhile back. I had never heard of it, checked it out and thought it was very cool.....and pretty much totally forgot about it until this post. So I checked it out again. It seemed to be a very useful tool for "expedition" type trips like Patagonia, etc. It is a very cool site. Hopefully I'll remember it exists this time around. :)

I missed it the first time. Just got done looking at the Zugspitze, Yosemite, Whitney, Sedona and Mt. Washington cams for the past 24 hours. Looks really neat and zooms in very well on topo maps.

Over the past seven years or so I have spent summers in the French and Spanish Pyrenees hiking on the GR 11 and assorted other trails. Since I happened upon Windy I have been using the Topo level to take a look at these trails and have found them remarkably accurately shown. What a great find since it works as an AP my Smart Phone also. Wish that I had access to something like this when I was over there.