Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maine exempts Ct., N.Y., N.J. folks from restrictions to visiting

Maine exempts Ct., N.Y., N.J. folks from restrictions to visiting

"With Improving Public Health Metrics, Mills Administration Exempts Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey From Quarantine & Testing Requirement

July 1, 2020

The Mills Administration announced today that it is exempting visitors from the States of Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey from the 14-day quarantine requirement or negative COVID-19 testing alternative, effective this Friday, July 3, 2020."

Surprisingly (and no doubt to the chagrin of the tourist trade), Massachusetts is not included in this, even though Mass.'s metrics (R-nought, etc.) are at least as good as these three states.

I don't know why this distinction was made, but I predict that Massachusetts' exemption will not be far behind.
    Steve H.
    NH4000 1976-1984
    NE4000 1984-1991

I suspect MA will follow soon, the tri-state area was the first hot spot and their governors reacted quickly, when in happened some thought over acted. MA's increase took place a little later but has been very good as of late. In both area's where many people traveled by bus and train, transmission was quickly spread. Counties where people did not commute in crowded conveyances fared better.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    I suspect MA will follow soon, the tri-state area was the first hot spot and their governors reacted quickly, when in happened some thought over acted. MA's increase took place a little later but has been very good as of late. In both area's where many people traveled by bus and train, transmission was quickly spread. Counties where people did not commute in crowded conveyances fared better.
    We don't like Mass people. that's why Mills excepted them.

j/k by the way.

The t shirts used to read "Make it Mass, spend it in Maine"

Two signs that used to be on 95" "Maine, the way life is supposed to be" and "If you lived in Maine, you would be home by now"
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

Just had to cancel my trip to Baxter next week, as it is not possible in my area in Mass to get tested and have results in 72 hours as required by Maine rules, first year since 1981 I will not make it to the park. Minor compared with what many people are dealing with, grateful to be safe, still sad and I will miss that beautiful place, see you next year!!!!

NH is turning them around in 72 hours or less... my daughter just had a test for work.

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehikeskifish View Post
    NH is turning them around in 72 hours or less... my daughter just had a test for work.

Tim
    As of about 2 weeks ago CT was the same. My wife had to get one for work as well.
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 48/48; ME 4k: 2/14; VT 4k: 1/5; ADK 46: 6/46; Cat 3.5k 10/35

My daughter went today and in Windham at the drive thru they are saying seven days although they said four to six days more likely.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePS View Post
    Just had to cancel my trip to Baxter next week, as it is not possible in my area in Mass to get tested and have results in 72 hours as required by Maine rules, first year since 1981 I will not make it to the park. Minor compared with what many people are dealing with, grateful to be safe, still sad and I will miss that beautiful place, see you next year!!!!
    Kudos to you for making the sacrifice. A lot of people are not following the rules. Here's to an awesome trip next year!
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

We had antibody tests done in Somerville (free to all residents) and got the results in 2 days.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. -- Dr. Seuss

Its odd that testing is not readily accessible in Mass, NH has set up partnerships with private firms

I did this Google Search "Covid Testing in NH" and got these results.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=covi...rlst=f#rldoc=1

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    Its odd that testing is not readily accessible in Mass, NH has set up partnerships with private firms

It's accessible but the turn around time is less than practical for anyone who has to be out in the world.

We got tested for the virus (and for antibodies) at one of the NH private partnership sites run by ClearChoice -- took 3-4 days to get the results, but that was a month or so ago, so the turnaround time may have decreased. It was pretty simple, and either covered by insurance, or, if not, the tab was picked up by the state.

Testing sites are everywhere. It's easy enough to get tested. But turnaround time for viral testing for asymptomatic individuals is sub-optimal, IMO.

Antibody testing is fast, less than 24h in MA.
    Sure. Why not.