Maine exempts Ct., N.Y., N.J. folks from restrictions to visiting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was tested 3 weeks ago Phelps Hospital drive thru center in Westchester NY. Results were in the patient portal in 22 hours. Tested by my physician for antibodies at time of regular annual blood work. Results 2 days later.

Adding: I was told the antibody test is roughly about 50% accurate depending on the window. This is from my police surgeon of about 20 years now. He was the retired Navy Dr put in charge of the original outbreak in New Rochelle NY. Added this to emphasize there is a lot of remaining research and knowledge to be gained about this very adaptive virus. If you are a medical researcher it's time to geek out! Rest of us it's a heck of a situation to deal with. And unfortunately both Dem and Rep have politicized this and that does not help the matter in any way.

Last edited:
The best way to avoid a political argument is to keep overtly political comments to yourself...at least that used to be the rule on this forum.:confused:
Yes confusing for sure. Kudos to the moderators as overall they do well with this most of the time. Although I do question their criteria at times. Unfortunately what may seem political to one may not be for another.

Last edited:
I think the criteria boils down to a value judgement on the comment and/or post, and whether or not it is a slippery slope. Some things which are very relevant to the board are political in nature, such as F&G funding and rescues - can't talk about that without acknowledging the politics involved. Covid-19 is highly politicized but is also germane in that it controls where we can or cannot go. In this case, the post in question appears to be copied from somewhere, which by itself is questionable (a teaser paragraph plus a link is what is recommended in the VFTT Terms Of Service), but the mere mention of the word "republican" is not automatically political for us (I accept that it is for some :)).

Comments that offer no value but are overtly political will get deleted. I.e., snide remarks about a particular news organization, president, governor, etc.
Comments that get reported are reviewed, and the more people that report them, the more likely they are to get deleted or locked.

At the end of the day, we have a pretty good idea by now when a thread is going to go off the rails, and we prefer to treat everyone as an adult, and not get involved too quickly as that isn't what the membership wants either.

Thanks for the kudos... we try... and we often discuss before any action since as you pointed out, there are three of us and we're not necessarily political allies ourselves.

Tim