Parking beta cannon tram lot

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctsparrow

Reaction score
Looking a couple diff hikes for Sat, one would involve Cannon tramway parking lot, am aware tram is closed thru summer, just curious best estimate of when hiker lot there would fill, thinking tourist lot more available than if tram running. Would prob arrive bet 900-930am. Thx in advance. Ctsparrow.

Unless the state has changed the tram lot rules for this year, last year the actual paved tram lot was signed as no hiker parking. The actual designated hiker parking for the Kinsman Ridge trail or Greenleaf trail was a dirt lot to the left of the main lot accessed by driving almost to the entrance to the tram and then bearing left. It is gravel and widens out as you go south. I was not aware that this hiker lot ever had issues with it being full. My speculation is the state would have tough time enforcing parking in these lots and would not have a lot of motivation to do so.

Thanks peakbagger, not too worried bout it, mostly checking cause of the holiday weekend and no shuttle. Thinking hikers might spread out abit. Looking forward to the section of KRT that I haven't done. ctsparrow/sue