Thread: parking

parking

Can anyone update me on the current parking situation in the Crawford Notch area? I see on the NH state parks site that parking is by reservation only and that they fill up quickly. I had planned to camp in the White Mtns this coming weekend, but if I can't park anywhere that may change my plans. Can anyone direct me to a current listing of parking/trail closures or provide some suggestions?
    Thanks. I appreciate any information.

Proprietor, NH 52 With A View Facebook group
    Author, New Hampshire's 52 With A View - A Hiker's Guide
    Author, AMC Southern NH Trail Guide, 5th Edition - Coming in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpoint View Post
    Can anyone update me on the current parking situation in the Crawford Notch area? I see on the NH state parks site that parking is by reservation only and that they fill up quickly. I had planned to camp in the White Mtns this coming weekend, but if I can't park anywhere that may change my plans. Can anyone direct me to a current listing of parking/trail closures or provide some suggestions?
    All parking lots are open and its first come, first serve. No reservations needed. I've been hiking there a lot lately, it gets busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpoint View Post
    We went by July 4 mid afternoon. Pretty full along Rt 302 and all the lot's. You'll have no issue going in the morning during the week and earlier on a Saturday. I'd say by 9 am