Hike into Unknown Pond

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm giving myself plenty of time. I know climbing 1400' with my pack will be tiring, but only needing to go 2 1/2 miles to get to my tent site won't be a problem. My biggest problem was getting a room my first day from Cleveland. Once our governor allowed face masks to be voluntary, it all went to hell. I had a perfect first night motel just this side of NH in VT, but now I can't stay there because I have to quarantine. Seems simple enough, just head into NH a little and get a room there. Way more expensive, and if not expensive, sounds like very few are clean. Originally I was going to drive 10 hrs, get the room and then drive 2 1/2 hrs the next day to the trail head. Looks like I have to drive 11 hours now. I still don't know what I'm doing when I come out. Had another room reserved for two nights - except it's in VT also. Not blaming VT, blaming our idiot governor for thinking most people would voluntarily wear a mask.