Photo Question!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BISCUT

Reaction score
I've posted previously I'm headed to Acadia late August. I'm a big photo enthusiast. Talking to you Joe! I'm using a Nikon Z7 and a Z6. Z7 tripod looking to get a few shots legitimate enough to print large and matte and frame in my bed room. No lighthouse for me but thinking the really nice low water level over a rocky beach.

Wondering if anyone can talk to me about what ND filters the have used in a mid-day as well as a low light situation. I will be using a Nisi filter system. I plan on an ND8 (3 stop) but have read of some using a ND 16.

If you are referring to me, I am no expert. Not by a long shot. First. I have a Nikon as well (D7200). Not sure about yours but for whatever reason, on this pretty expensive camera body, Nikon chose not to give it a live view option for exposure. That is a huge pita when trying to figure out filters and settings. But anyway, for what you want to do, I've never done. For me it's always in the woods for falls or cascades where the light is already filtered some what. I only have a 2, 4, and 8 ND. Varying combinations but I don't think I've ever needed all 3 together. This is who you want to ask NeoAkela. I think he's still a member here. Good luck.