Parker's Motel in Lincoln

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go. You might want to do some basic searching before you get on your high horse. Note the reference to the alleged use of license plate scanners for tracking drug dealers by this group and more importantly tracking people opposed to the Clean Power Connect project, a private project the the Maine governor happens to support. US citizens lost a lot of privacy rights post 911 in the rush to go after "bad" guys, many don't know and don't care how much they have lost. Many have voluntarily given up privacy rights just by using mobile devices, transponders and of course social media. As has been stated in the past on VFTT Facebook members are not customers, they are the product.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/05...mainers-claims-trooper-in-whistleblower-suit/

https://www.governing.com/security/Maine-Cyberattack-Reveals-Security-and-Privacy-Issues.htm

As for using EZ pass transponders for trending, here is an older article https://www.insidesources.com/your-ez-pass-and-the-state-dot-is-probably-watching-you/

And here is a quick search result on private Automated license plate readers (most state police vehicles are equipped with these units).

https://slate.com/technology/2019/07/automatic-license-plate-readers-hoa-police-openalpr.html Locally Randolph NH has advertised for bids twice in recent years for proposals to install license plate tracking on Durand Road and Randolph Hill road to keep track of vehicles using those roads.

And of course Stingray Technology

https://www.aclu.org/issues/privacy...ogies/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them Maine is listed as unknown but reportedly NH has it.

And here is one on using cellphone tracking data for tracking movements of populations

https://www.businessinsider.com/sturgis-rally-attendees-traveling-covid-phone-data-2020-8

There was a bit of anonymity in rural areas due to lack of mobile data transmission but First Net is slowly being built out to solve that issue. https://www.firstnet.com/

And of course fitness trackers https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...915662-0441-11e8-aa61-f3391373867e_story.html

For those in the stock market a large IPO in the news is Palantir is one of the high profile companies that will gladly scrape the databases, combine them and analyze them https://www.investors.com/news/tech...lti-billion-dollar-deal-wrapped-in-an-enigma/

Many of the tools are in place for "big brother", its not if they are deployed, its how. They all have legit government and law enforcement use but they can be abused as is obvious in Hong Kong and China. There really is no such thing as personal privacy any more, its just an illusion for the vast majority of the population.

In the case of the original false rumor of automated tickets for out of state travelers, there does not appear to be such a program but all the tools are in place.

Thanks for the info. No one is getting on a high horse except maybe yourself. I just prefer more concrete data before I take confidence in something I read on the Internet. Otherwise it could just be perceived as dogmatic pontification.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. No one is getting on a high horse except maybe yourself. I just prefer more concrete data before I take confidence in something I read on the Internet. Otherwise it could just be perceived as dogmatic pontification.

Now don't you boys get to fightn!

Another privacy killer is the network of cameras located throughout the NH highway system. Check out this link.

Here in touristville we also have an extensive network of traffic cams at intersections. Just look UP!

As many municipalities switch to LED street lights to save energy they can so order the optional cam that pairs with the LED for "security purposes."

Manchester NH has a gun shot monitoring audio system throughout the city that listens for the "BANG" of a weapon and will discriminate fire works.

And finally, have the police asked you to register your Nest doorbell cam with them, just in case a crime occurs in your hood?

The guys that poisoned the Russian dissident in London a few years ago were on cams from the time they got off the plane till they time they reboarded for the flight home, mission accomplished. London is very well covered.

And then there's your cell phone...

That is correct. A family member owns and operates a NH lodging establishment, and can attest that enforcement of NH standards is left to the establishment. Beyond that, and observing state capacity restrictions, it's up to each individual establishment to follow or not follow safety protocols, so, your mileage may vary.

One of the biggest concerns for some lodging establishments has been the signing of the NH checklist by an asymptomatic person who truly believes that they are free of COVID, and then the possible spread in a lodging establishment by such a person, given that such persons carry the same viral load as someone with symptoms, and about a third of all such persons probably spread the virus.

Some lodging establishments near the White Mountains are clear to inform potential guests about NH quarantine restrictions; some are not.

Are you saying that I am not allowed to come to NH legally from Cleveland? One night in a room after a 12 hour drive then right out the door to head into the backwoods. I then have two nights reserved at the same motel after I come out. NY and VT are both definitely a no-no, but I thought NH was voluntary regarding quarantining from out of state?

This is dated August 1st:
New Hampshire
Under the state's "Safer at Home" guidelines, it requests – but does not require – out-of-state visitors who will be staying in New Hampshire for an extended period of time to self-quarantine for 14 days. I'm taking that to mean that my first night in a room and then later the two nights are definitely not an extended period.

Even though I never stayed there but getting back to the OP...Parker’s seems like a decent place all things considered.

My wife and I recently traveled to VT to camp. The policy, as of today, is that if you come from a county with relatively high infection rates (map here - looks like Cleveland is 'high infection rate'), you must take steps to mitigate probability of spreading infection once you get to VT. The best options, in my opinion, are: 1) Quarantine 14 days in your home state prior to traveling to VT, travel via personal vehicle, and don't stop anywhere on the way, except for gas and bathroom breaks; or 2) Quarantine 7 days in your home state, and then get a COVID test in your home state after the 7 days has elapsed. Continue to quarantine until you get the negative test, and then you can leave directly to VT via personal transportation, as in option 1 above; or 3) Quarantine 14 days once you get to VT - no leaving the house, essentially. My wife and I chose option 1 on our recent travel. You must sign VT's Certificate of Compliance and have photocopies of your license taken when you arrive at your lodging establishment. We did this at the campground we were staying at.

'Quarantine' has a rather strict definition. For example, one is not allowed to go outside to walk, ride a bike, hike, etc. Sheet containing definitions is here.

Hope that's helpful.

My wife and I recently traveled to VT to camp. The policy, as of today, is that if you come from a county with relatively high infection rates (map here - looks like Cleveland is 'high infection rate'), you must take steps to mitigate probability of spreading infection once you get to VT. The best options, in my opinion, are: 1) Quarantine 14 days in your home state prior to traveling to VT, travel via personal vehicle, and don't stop anywhere on the way, except for gas and bathroom breaks; or 2) Quarantine 7 days in your home state, and then get a COVID test in your home state after the 7 days has elapsed. Continue to quarantine until you get the negative test, and then you can leave directly to VT via personal transportation, as in option 1 above; or 3) Quarantine 14 days once you get to VT - no leaving the house, essentially. My wife and I chose option 1 on our recent travel. You must sign VT's Certificate of Compliance and have photocopies of your license taken when you arrive at your lodging establishment. We did this at the campground we were staying at.

'Quarantine' has a rather strict definition. For example, one is not allowed to go outside to walk, ride a bike, hike, etc. Sheet containing definitions is here.

Hope that's helpful.

Which is why the one motel in VT called me to say it didn't appear to them that I could stay at their motel. The motel I was planning on staying at when I finished backpacking was also in VT, but they never called or said anything about quarantining. I canceled both stays and instead got a room in NH coming and going. No group, just me and my dog. Outside of driving around to see what is in the area, I won't be walking around in public, eating in restaurants, going to a bar or shopping. In other words, I'm not spending much money in the great state of NH, but maybe next year!!!

If you would enjoy the convenience, Joebaseball, feel free to join EZ Pass -- absent the transponder, these days the systems can simply read your plates.

At least for the time being, keeping off major roads still helps . . .

Alex

Yes, often I set my GPS to avoid highways, especially when crossing state boarders