Did Fabyans Station Restaurant Close?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
I hiked SUN in the Bretton Woods area and coming down Base Road about 2:30PM I noticed there wasn't a single car in the parking lot at Fabyans and the windows had a hazy, vacant look. Did they close or are they just running on reduced hours? Everything else in that area was absolutely packed with holiday traffic. Never actually set foot in the place but it's been around forever so it was a bit of a bummer to think they went out of business.

If anyone knows the status I'd be curious. Did a brief web search and it seems to be open with possibly reduced hours due to COVID. Would have thought on a Labor Day weekend SUN they'd be open for business though so I got to wondering.

I wondered the same when I rode by last Tuesday... so I looked at www.brettonwoods.com and found the Dining page and it says

The Following Dining Outlets are Temporarily Closed:
Princess Room
Cabana Bar
The Cave
In-Room Dining
Bretton Arms Dining Room
Fabyan’s Station Restaurant
Latitude 44? Restaurant
Slopeside Restaurant & Pub
Lucy Crawford's Food Court

Tim

I wondered the same when I rode by last Tuesday... so I looked at www.brettonwoods.com and found the Dining page and it says

We tried to go there last Thursday while camping at Sugarloaf 2 and it was closed. Ran into a security guy making the rounds and he was quite vague about when it might be open again.

So we went to Bethlehem to rek'-lis brewing and had a GREAT time. It was jammed and there was a wait but the food and brews were outstanding. They even had live music and lots of outdoor seating.

I recommend it for anyone in the Twin Mtn - Franconia area.

Last edited:
So we went to Bethlehem to rek'-lis brewing and had a GREAT time. It was jammed and there was a wait but the food and brews were outstanding. They even had live music and lots of outdoor seating.

I recommend it for anyone in the Twin Mtn - Franconia area.

I've had several people recommend that place. Have to go over there one of these days and check it out. Was it hiker friendly or more of a hipster kind of place?

I've had several people recommend that place. Have to go over there one of these days and check it out. Was it hiker friendly or more of a hipster kind of place?

This made me laugh. In my experience, hipster places are, by definition, hiker friendly.

(No offense meant, your frequent posts are a great contribution to this web site.)

Just a few years ago I was at a Town planning board meeting and the young owner couple of Reklis were granted a variance to add parking for a little garden shed they were serving their brew from. The Town embraced their efforts as well as the community and it is cool to see how quickly they have become a cornerstone with the new brewpub location and an expansion near completion.
They have been very supportive and part of developing/reinforcing the biking community and development of the Bethlehem Trails Association https://www.bethlehemtrails.org/ (looks like they could use help with the website).

The place has been hopping busy all summer.

Very hiker friendly. They have a large lawn with comfy Adirondack chairs and several corn hole corrals. Dogs are welcome.

I don’t think there are enough hipsters in Bethlehem, even in summer, to keep the brew flowing.

This made me laugh. In my experience, hipster places are, by definition, hiker friendly.

(No offense meant, your frequent posts are a great contribution to this web site.)

No offense taken. I live in Southern New England where "hipster" takes on a different connotation than it probably does up there. The notion of sweating at an activity that doesn't involve monetary gain, use of precision measuring instruments to trim one's facial hair designs and the abject horror of wearing an outfit that doesn't match are more the realm of the hipsters out my way. :p

No offense taken. I live in Southern New England where "hipster" takes on a different connotation than it probably does up there. :p

You are not alone in your perspective. :)

While I certainly try not to have preconceived notions about individuals, I do also believe there is often a kernel of truth in generalizations.

Or as my Dad always said, "There was a reason they were called Paddy Wagons.".

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3TLxrFNnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWBV7yKWhWE