Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great article on Yvon Chouinard and the outdoor industry

Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

I’ve have really only found “Pataguchie” to make pontification for the so called better environment and only then have to explain how to take their own foot out of their mouth in the long run. Yvon and his gang blew it a long time ago when he decided to sell his iron and go soft. Thence Black Diamond and the Patagonia. Therefore I temper my solace and respect going forward.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Yvon was one of my inspirations when I was young and cutting my teeth. His book, "Climbing Ice" taught me how to climb. I have and still wear almost all Patagonia Clothes. I have had pieces of Patagonia clothes last 20 years or more. My current shell is the Triolet, 5 years old and like new, its basically bombproof. Is his company perfect? nope, but he ran his business the way he saw fit and I have no issues with it. I believe in Global warming, BUT, I'm not willing to give up my car to slow it down.

Regarding the comment that positive posts get trolled, you might be surprised how closely Tim, Dave and I look at threads. Lots of discussion and sometimes debates over whether or if we should step in and say something. let a thread that looks like it's heading south play out, or contact a member off line. We do the best to keep things on point, relative to a hiking forum and away from threads joining the unpleasant side of the national dialogue.
    "The fact that going off the deep end appears
    to be a requisite to doing anything of consequence
    in this life has not escaped me." Jim Harrison

Thanks Alan. Appreciate you guys allowing some of the threads to get a little heated as long as they remain civil. I think that posts should just remain about hiking and stay clear of politics. Of course, once a political statement is made, many of us just feel the need to respond (like me: Thanks again.

You might be surprised at how the moderators put aside our own personal views on things to keep from appearing right or left.
    "The fact that going off the deep end appears
    to be a requisite to doing anything of consequence
    in this life has not escaped me." Jim Harrison