100 Highest List tie in to recent NH murder

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an article on the murder that isn't behind a paywall.

According to [the victim, Jonathan] Amerault’s Instagram account, he was within one hike of finishing New England’s Hundred Highest hikes.

Amerault’s last post was Sept. 7 noting he was on the second day of a hike including Mount Nancy and East Sleeper.
Amerault wrote: “When I am not home I am hiking.”

He had hiked 99 of the 100 New England Highest Hikes and 66 of the 67 New England 4,000 foot mountains, meaning he had not yet logged in the last 4,000-foot hike on to his Instagram account.

Last edited:
If you are sensitive to violent, graphic content you may not want to read the articles.

If you are sensitive to violent, graphic content you may not want to read the articles.
He was a murderer and he liked to hike also. I’m trying to see the relevance of how the two are tied together other than it was mentioned in the article he killed someone and he spent his free time hiking.

He was a murderer and he liked to hike also. I’m trying to see the relevance of how the two are tied together other than it was mentioned in the article he killed someone and he spent his free time hiking.

It was the victim, Jonathan Amerault, who liked to hike, and had almost completed the NEHH and NE67.

Last edited:
It was the victim, Jason Amerault, who liked to hike, and had almost completed the NEHH and NE67.
Thank you clarifying. Still don’t see where there is a relative connection between the two.

The reason for the post is that someone in the hiking community may have know the victim. Although I expect the 100 highest community has probably expanded substantially over the years in the old days those going for the list frequently crossed tracks with other with the same goal.

The reason for the post is that someone in the hiking community may have know the victim. Although I expect the 100 highest community has probably expanded substantially over the years in the old days those going for the list frequently crossed tracks with other with the same goal.
Thank you for clarifying. Now I see where your coming from.