Route 16 Closed this Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went up and back on the route 153 detour route on Sunday. Not much traffic either way. Curiously, the official detour southbound is to take 16 to 25, then go far to the west on 25 before going south east back to 16. That route doesn't make sense to me, but they are probably trying to take some of the load off 153, as well as give people as much of SB 16 as they can.

As an aside, I got stuck at that construction, northbound, not moving an inch, for a solid 30 minutes late this summer. Drivers were losing their minds. At that time, there was no signage warning of this.

Anybody know the status of the work?

Looks like one lane is open. I am guessing they are alternating with NB and SB. There is actually a public camera which allows you to see the bridge in real time. public.earthcam.net/riverbridge I think is the internet address.

Looks like one lane is open. I am guessing they are alternating with NB and SB. There is actually a public camera which allows you to see the bridge in real time. public.earthcam.net/riverbridge I think is the internet address.

Thank you sir!

The last few time I've been Rt 16 it has been a real clusterF#*k. The contractors do no have police support for traffic control and seem to be doing pretty much what the want WRT stopping traffic for extended periods of time. We waited about 30 minutes northbound at the junction of 16 & 28 two weeks ago.

And note that there are at least three other locations in addition to the bridge mentioned above under heavy rebuild with dirt surfaces and no dust control.

Avoid Ossipee till further notice.

PS Rt 153 is only a few miles longer to Conway than 16 and MUCH more scenic.

The last few time I've been Rt 16 it has been a real clusterF#*k. The contractors do no have police support for traffic control and seem to be doing pretty much what the want WRT stopping traffic for extended periods of time. We waited about 30 minutes northbound at the junction of 16 & 28 two weeks ago.

And note that there are at least three other locations in addition to the bridge mentioned above under heavy rebuild with dirt surfaces and no dust control.

Avoid Ossipee till further notice.

PS Rt 153 is only a few miles longer to Conway than 16 and MUCH more scenic.

Definitely a busy construction season on Route 16 in Ossipee/West Ossipee. I am guessing there will be a push to finish these, before winter really sets in. The project just North of the 16/28 intersection looks like it might be winding down. In the meantime, as mentioned, Route 153 is a scenic alternative. I took it yesterday and did notice a lot of police/sheriff's cars patrolling, so watch your speed. The road goes through a number of small towns.