Nash Stream Road status, likely open Sun 11/1?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Andrew you're my go-to the next time I have a question anything North Country roads. :) thanks for the detail.
And thanks to everyone else, too.
After some older parent health issue-delays we finally got to do Sugarloaf/Groveton yesterday Sun 11/8 for #52 of 52WAV.
The road was fine - some bumps after the Percy's but totally fine for even the family minivan. And far better than Magalloway, or Success Pond Rd.
Although I did worry on the ride down that we didn't buy that tire repair kit someone mentioned.

I'm still on that post-hike nirvana where the views and the journey it took to get you there lift you higher. Leave you dreaming of the next peak. Focus you on what's important. Make you hold your family closer, and despite the madness around us, feel the mountains wrap you in their arms and say "We're always with you." I suspect many here feel the same. Thanks again.

Wow Andrew you're my go-to the next time I have a question anything North Country roads. :)
......Oh no! please don't. I retired from my (public) rec. management gig in Coos- so my awareness is receding to my own mere 14 acres behind my house.

As far as I'm concerned Nash Stream Forest is one of the most interesting pieces of public land in northern NH, and I was very fortunate to be able to explore a lot of it in winter from the comfort of a trail grooming tractor for a few years, and dive deep into awareness of the property as one of the master plan tech team members for the last re-write.

That beautiful feeling you describe is like the feeling I always got when cruising through Cranberry Bog Notch (in Nash Stream), extreme subtle beauty and enveloped deep in the forest. Always wanted to go back on a sunny summer day and spend a few hours observing the sunlight changes on the landscape and the critters going about their business whilst swatting mosquitos.

Last edited: