Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NH Mask Mandate in Effect

Quote Originally Posted by egilbe View Post
    Still no science. Still waiting on the science, you know, the hard data, with a control group, double blind studies, anything at all. Beullar? Beullar?
    I usually give more credibility to those who can correctly spell their “hip” references

Quote Originally Posted by OldEric View Post
    I usually give more credibility to those who can correctly spell their “hip” references
    Give the guy a break. It was supposed to be a “Day Off” already.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Sadly, this forum has been host to a number of anti-science postings of late. Sadly, there is a correlation between those who deny the truth and the inability to spell.

I haven't seen any science to discredit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lady-horse-blinders-1-1-1-2-1-1-2-1-1-2-2-2-3-1-1-1-1-1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	6524

Happy to wear these, but somehow a mask is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by B the Hiker View Post
    Sadly, this forum has been host to a number of anti-science postings of late. Sadly, there is a correlation between those who deny the truth and the inability to spell.
    I take pride in my spelling 🙂

Agreeing with the comment that this is supposed to be a hiking board.
    If you want to throw barbs, do it somewhere else, please.
    "The fact that going off the deep end appears
    to be a requisite to doing anything of consequence
    in this life has not escaped me." Jim Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by rocket21 View Post
    In other words, they were lying to us then, but we can trust what they say now?
    No, they did not know how this spreads much more aggressively than they thought. (They only had flu data to base their initial calculations.)

By all means, those who don't believe in science should attend huge Christmas parties, New Year's Eve bachelor parties and weddings. NYE should be a big event in new places this year as Time's Square unlikely to be going on this year. Here is a list of other locations.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/n...ons/index.html

I would expect Florida, GA, ID, AL events to be well attended with few of those pesky masks getting in the way of gratuitous consumption of beverages. People should feel free to play Russian Roulette with a virus in huge crowds. My family, including my elderly parents are unlikely to come into contact with any of your friends or family members. People enjoying big parties is a great way to help reduce crowded trails next year.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    No, they did not know how this spreads much more aggressively than they thought. (They only had flu data to base their initial calculations.)

By all means, those who don't believe in science should attend huge Christmas parties, New Year's Eve bachelor parties and weddings. NYE should be a big event in new places this year as Time's Square unlikely to be going on this year. Here is a list of other locations.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/n...ons/index.html

I would expect Florida, GA, ID, AL events to be well attended with few of those pesky masks getting in the way of gratuitous consumption of beverages. People should feel free to play Russian Roulette with a virus in huge crowds. My family, including my elderly parents are unlikely to come into contact with any of your friends or family members. People enjoying big parties is a great way to help reduce crowded trails next year.
    Initially health officials downplayed the importance of masks in order to prevent hoarding and shortages that would prevent health care workers from being able to obtain them. This is an excerpt from the NYT back in March:

When news of a mysterious viral pneumonia linked to a market in Wuhan, China, reached the outside world in early January, one of my first reactions was to order a modest supply of masks. Just a few weeks later, there wasn’t a mask to be bought in stores, or online for a reasonable price — just widespread price gouging. Many health experts, no doubt motivated by the sensible and urgent aim of preserving the remaining masks for health care workers, started telling people that they didn’t need masks or that they wouldn’t know how to wear them.

link to complete article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/o...ace-masks.html

And, please stop with the "people who don't want to follow science". Many question the science (and the motive) with a healthy dose of skepticism. That used to be valued in the scientific community. To paraphrase Michael Chrichton: "you never hear anybody say that the scientific consensus is that F=ma or that E=IR or that gravitational force is inversely proportional to the distance". That's because the science is really settled, not still being formulated.

And to keep this post related to hiking, I don't wear a mask while hiking because I never get within 6 feet of another hiker
    Last edited by maineguy; Today at 05:04 PM.

Did my usual workout of several laps up and down the Mount Agamenticus road in York Maine this afternoon (1.3 m round trip and 350 vert per lap).

Lots of folks out and about, most wearing masks, others not. The unmasked we respectful and deferential to the masked, and everyone tried to maintain respectful distance while saying hello and enjoying the beautiful day.. No spitting, yelling or ugliness. It was nice to see.

Maine, the way life should be!!
    Last edited by ChrisB; Today at 05:32 PM.
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    I would expect Florida, GA, ID, AL events to be well attended with few of those pesky masks getting in the way of gratuitous consumption of beverages.
    The "science" says they don't need to wear masks while consuming those beverages as long as they are seated and have purchased food.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Did my usual workout of several laps up and down the Mount Agamenticus road in York Maine this afternoon (1.3 m round trip and 350 vert per lap).

Lots of folks out and about, most wearing masks, others not. The unmasked we respectful and deferential to the masked, and everyone tried to maintain respectful distance while saying hello and enjoying the beautiful day.. No spitting, yelling or ugliness. It was nice to see.

Maine, the way life should be!!
    Ever hike the trails in the Kittery and York water districts? One of the main lots is just down the road from the base of Agamenticus Road.