Winter Parking At Bash Bish Falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DayTrip

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the parking lots on Rte 344 in Taconic State Park/Bash Bish Falls State Park get maintained/plowed in Winter? In particular, there is a decent sized lot on the right (heading East from NY 22, North Of Alander Mt) that I use for taking the ridge to Alander Mt. It's a very popular area in the Summer. I want to hike the ridge in Winter but being such an off the beaten path area I wasn't sure if the lots were maintained. I've been on several sites but don't see anything definitive.

If anyone has been there in Winter and/or lives in the area and has local knowledge it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if the parking lots on Rte 344 in Taconic State Park/Bash Bish Falls State Park get maintained/plowed in Winter? In particular, there is a decent sized lot on the right (heading East from NY 22, North Of Alander Mt) that I use for taking the ridge to Alander Mt. It's a very popular area in the Summer. I want to hike the ridge in Winter but being such an off the beaten path area I wasn't sure if the lots were maintained. I've been on several sites but don't see anything definitive.

If anyone has been there in Winter and/or lives in the area and has local knowledge it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.ohranger.com/ma/bash-bish-falls

Its in the middle of a ravine. Not sure how much snow they got there.

Mt. Washington State park gets you access to the ridge and to the AT and to the Falls.

Last edited:
http://www.ohranger.com/ma/bash-bish-falls

Its in the middle of a ravine. Not sure how much snow they got there.

Mt. Washington State park gets you access to the ridge and to the AT and to the Falls.

I know the area well. I usually go at least once a year, but in Summer or Fall. Wasn't sure what the plowing situation was. Couldn't really find anything online about Winter access. I didn't see anything in the link you shared about Winter access.

Last winter both the MA and the NY side parking areas were plowed. Haven't been there since last winter so not sure.