Snow totals for Snow-Demic 12/17/20

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
I live West of the Cats and we have 23" at 1700'. Fortunately, it's very light snow. I've heard slightly higher totals for friends and neighbors. Bring the snowshoes! :D

Here on the coast in southern RI I'd estimate about 9 inches. Pleased to finally have some snow but it is heavy and wet. With cold temps over the next couple nights should make for crunchy stuff.

Only 3" - 4" of very dry powder here in Keene NY at 1800'.

Outside of Binghamton had 40 inches, so southern Catskills are probably the winner in the ranges and likely the Delaware Water Gap was in a high area also.

Some epic numbers in the NH upper valley reported, 3 foot plus. Up in Gorham at 1400 feet maybe 3 inches :(

Time for the folks down south to get the powder shoes out.

Last edited:
We hit the 40” mark by mt ascutney in vt. Never seen snow come down like it did today. Guess the snow shoes will be coming out this weekend.

It is interesting how localized some of the ludicrous snowfall amounts were. My brother measured 39" inches in Danby, Vermont. It seems like some places got 40 inches and then not very far away other spots got like half of that. Really interesting storm. We capped out at 20 inches in West Brattleboro, VT.