Knee Sleeve / Support Help

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Having some knee pain lately and want to try some soft knee sleeve supports (not a brace).

Anybody have a soft support brand or style you'd recommend?
Tnx

Not a sleeve, but I have had quite a bit of success from a Cho-Pat band for my early season ITB pain. (Iliotibial band syndrome) I say early season because it tends to diminish or go away once I get a few good spring hikes under my belt and I can put the ITC Bands away.

IMO, they’re all pretty much the same! Some may be a little longer or shorter. You’ll pay a lot more for ones that are advertised though. I prefer shorter ones because the longer ones are too tight around the thighs. They do help my knees. I won’t go hiking without them.

If it's practical for you, get to a PT and try to get an assessment of the source of your knee pain. Knee pain can be caused by several completely different conditions, which can be helped by completely different treatments. A sleeve works for one thing; a Chopat works for something else; a program of stretching and strengthening works for something else yet again.

Good luck!

While a torn meniscus was healing 15 years ago, wore a short neoprene knee sleeve with open patella, no metal/plastic parts, over two years of hiking. (Neoprene is good if you want to warm the joint). Did the job.