Latest Storm a bust up north

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our weather guy in CT hasn't been too hot forecasting these recent storms. We basically got all rain and a very brief period of some ice which melted. To add insult to injury it really didn't melt any of the snow we have. There's talk of more snow Wed night/Thu but I'm not sure what to make out of that prediction either considering it looks like the same type of set up as other storms.

Either give me a legit, snowy Winter (in CT) or let's usher in an early Spring and bust out the shorts and t-shirts. This middle of the road mess is a real buzz kill.

We finally had a decent winter of snow here in southern Rhode Island and today's rain made a real mess of things. Blah. Let's hope Thursday's storm comes to fruition.

I'm next to Manchester and they said 1 to 3 inches. Got zero snow, but a light dusting quickly erased with heavy rain.

Our weather guy in CT hasn't been too hot forecasting these recent storms. We basically got all rain and a very brief period of some ice which melted. To add insult to injury it really didn't melt any of the snow we have. There's talk of more snow Wed night/Thu but I'm not sure what to make out of that prediction either considering it looks like the same type of set up as other storms.

Either give me a legit, snowy Winter (in CT) or let's usher in an early Spring and bust out the shorts and t-shirts. This middle of the road mess is a real buzz kill.
It melted some of the stuff we had in NW New London County.

1800' in Keene NY. Got about 4-5 inches of strange sugar, with a light crust on top. Hope everyone stayed off the slides today - this is avy death snow...

It's been a very mild winter here and I've been playing tennis outdoors once or twice a week, but I woke up this morning and thought I must be in NH! 20 degrees with a steel grey overcast sky and a brisk 10 mph breeze from the west making it feel like the low teens. To complete the illusion, light snow flurries all morning (no accumulation). Thought I might smell smoke from a wood burning fire but no luck.

And Another.

Just a mere dusting here. Was hopeful about talk of it gearing up later today and into the evening but it looks less likely. Too bad as some new snow is needed to soften up the boilerplate left by the last one. It's too bad as the snow was perfect this past weekend, a woods skiers dream where you could go most anywhere as the snow was deep enough from varying durable but loose layers with just enough fluff on top. At least my cat likes it now.

As of 1:33 PM Part 2 in SE CT which as of last evening's forecast was to be 4-8" from that point on. We had maybe 1.5" through Thursday before dinner it seems I missed a decimal point. Unless it ends with a significant squall, might of had 2.5" throughout the entire Thursday, Friday storm. The Troop is skiing at Powder Ridge (normally we overnight at Pat's Peak, however interstate and overnight is not BSA Policy) and this may be the best year in several to plan a skiing date in middle CT. (It's possibly a bit south of middle even)