Thread: Dyatlov Pass Incident

Dyatlov Pass Incident

I know this has been discussed here in the past but I can't locate the old thread. Anyway this update appeared in the NYT. It is unlikely to satisfy anyone who has studied this famous incident or speculated on it in the past. I've always found it to be a fascinating mystery and one that is unlikely to be definitively "solved" anytime soon, if ever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/w...avalanche.html
    "I am a pilgrim and a stranger"

That's weird you bring this up. I was bored SUN and was scanning around for something to watch and selected what I thought was a documentary about this. It turned out to be an awful, Blair Witch style movie that loosely covered the incident. In their version flesh eating, teleporting humanoids buried in a secret Russian bunker were responsible. I decided in retrospect that the Dyatlov Pass incident was not actually real. Guess I have to find a real documentary on it now because I was intrigued by the story line.
    “Sometimes when you’ve lost something in your life that matters, the only thing left to do is go and find it.” Renan Ozturk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey J View Post
    I've always found it to be a fascinating mystery and one that is unlikely to be definitively "solved" anytime soon, if ever.
    I'll go with the simplest answer is usually the correct one, so solved where I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I'll go with the simplest answer is usually the correct one, so solved where I'm concerned.
    I too read the NYT article and thought it was farfetched. After reading the autopsy reports of the victims in a book about the incident I see no way a small avalanche could inflict that type of damage.

For me the mystery continues.
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. -- Dr. Seuss

Thanks for digging that up Dave.
    "I am a pilgrim and a stranger"