Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No More Parking at Lowes Store

Can you change the Title of this thread?
    Tom Rankin
    Web Master - NY Forest Fire Lookout Association
    Volunteer - Balsam Lake Mountain
    Past President - Catskill 3500 Club
    CEO - Views and Brews

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rankin View Post
    Can you change the Title of this thread?
    What should it be? You can always start a new one of your own also if you do not like the Title.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    FYI - Gordan (Alan) Lowe passed away December 24th 2021 RIP.

The obituary is in the Berlin Daily Sun today (12/30/21)

(note: I, bikehikeskifish/Tim, edited the year to be 2021)
    That's too bad. I remember going in there and they had the glass case in the back with the Randolph Mt club stuff in it. I still have my "Randolph Paths" circa 1980, the little green book, that I bought at Lowes. Used to hit the ice cream cooler after hikes.

Other communities in NH have banded together to buy long term community stores to keep them open. They do needed upgrades and hire resident managers (usually younger couples) to run the stores while retaining ownership. It would be nice to see something like that happen at Lowe's but sadly if you look at where the year round and season population base is located, Lowe's is a few miles west of the where the limited population is located. The logical place is east on RT 2 either at the base of Randolph Hill or on top of the hill where the Grand View lodge is located.

Most locals who want to support a local business head down to the White Mountain Cafe in Gorham for Coffee and Liz's Bistro or Salt in the evening and grudgingly fill their cars with fuel from the Irving station.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra View Post
    That's too bad. I remember going in there and they had the glass case in the back with the Randolph Mt club stuff in it. I still have my "Randolph Paths" circa 1980, the little green book, that I bought at Lowes. Used to hit the ice cream cooler after hikes.
    I have the 1985 version of that Randolph Paths book. Still have the map that came with it as well. I think I sent away for it. It was not purchased at Lowes although I did park there a couple of times. That place was classic "Old NH."
    "I am a pilgrim and a stranger"

Actually, the little book is dated 1977. The map is dated 1985. Not sure if I got them separately or together. I guess they are now artifacts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randolph Paths Book.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	6755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randolph Paths Map.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	6756
    "I am a pilgrim and a stranger"

Quote Originally Posted by Grey J View Post
    Actually, the little book is dated 1977. The map is dated 1985. Not sure if I got them separately or together. I guess they are now artifacts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randolph Paths Book.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	6755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randolph Paths Map.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	6756
    That's the edition I have as well, maybe I got 1985 from the map.. Not sure where my map is, it saw quite a bit of use back then. Pretty cool we both still have them.

Always enjoyed the RMC publications. Santa dropped off the 9th Edition here last week which is Copyrighted 2016. The Map is really well done!
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    What should it be? You can always start a new one of your own also if you do not like the Title.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it REALLY closed? I thought previous posters said it was open, (albeit under certain conditions)?
    Tom Rankin
    CEO - Views and Brews

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Rankin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it REALLY closed? I thought previous posters said it was open, (albeit under certain conditions)?
    Things change. Not every Title to all threads here are in real time. That’s why they are called threads. You have to read the whole thread to get the latest posted info. Also the Title of this thread does not say Closed. All really just semantics and I’m just playing devil’s advocate. The OP was last March when a snowpack was apparent and there was no plowing. Then in May when the snow was gone it was announced on The RMC FB Page that The Lowe Family was allowing parking with no fees and the store was closed. I can only assume it will probably be closed if it is not already for the Winter again. Administrators have a lot to do here and they I’m sure can’t tweak every Title every day to adjust for the Earth having made another lap around the Sun. But if they want to change the title to reflect any misinformation that members might think is going on here. Feel free to do so. They don’t need my permission anyhow.

You are fully allowed to change to the title of your own threads as they bob and weave.

Like so …

Maine 2021 Solo P2K Peakbagging

Quote Originally Posted by Puma concolor View Post
    You are fully allowed to change to the title of your own threads as they bob and weave.

Like so …

LOL…did you look that up in the Urban Dictionary before you posted it? Maybe we can go for hike sometime and really bust each other’s balls. Happy New Year Guito!
    Last edited by skiguy; 12-31-2021 at 03:13 PM.

^^^^

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    They don’t need my permission anyhow.
    I'm gonna change the title to "SkiGuy says I don't need his permission"

Happy New Year,
    Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma concolor View Post

Like so …

It's not my thread. And apparently, I was under the mistaken belief that only a moderator could edit a thread title. (must be ancient history).

Anyway, I give up.
    Tom Rankin
    CEO - Views and Brews