AMC Huts open this Summer

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it makes sense. By that point we should be in good shape vaccine-wise and it sounds like they're limiting the number of people and dividing them up appropriately. I think I'm all set for this summer but I'm looking forward to staying at 'em again in the off-season.

I think it makes sense. By that point we should be in good shape vaccine-wise and it sounds like they're limiting the number of people and dividing them up appropriately. I think I'm all set for this summer but I'm looking forward to staying at 'em again in the off-season.

Good to see a slight return to normalcy for them. But I wonder why they are not requiring guests be vaxed. By summer everyone who wants the vax should have been able to get it.

Maybe they don't want to take on the "vax police" role.

My guess is they need to start accepting reservations now and if there is an unexpected shift in the progression on getting the population vaccinated they can always adjust. Many of the COVID stimulus bills are intended try to break the cycle that businesses decide not to invest for the future just in case and then lose out on future profits. My guess is AMC has to lay out a large amount of cash soon to get the huts ready for a "normal" season, and if the government shuts them down they will get some sort of funding the cover the out of pocket. My shear speculation is AMCs target audience is probably the portion of the population that is actively embracing vaccinations. (is that PC enough not to offend someone?)

Good to see a slight return to normalcy for them. But I wonder why they are not requiring guests be vaxed. By summer everyone who wants the vax should have been able to get it.

Maybe they don't want to take on the "vax police" role.

There was an interesting conversation on CNBC about this yesterday. Apparently because all of the vaccines are only approved for emergency use and have not received full blown FDA authorization the legality of mandating employees, guests, etc. take the vaccine is in question because it hasn't been fully approved by "proper" channels. So it will probably be a suggestion versus a requirement for the near future.

I saw one interpretation that a private entity can not require their employees to have shots but they can require their customers to do so.

But I wonder why they are not requiring guests be vaxed. By summer everyone who wants the vax should have been able to get it.

I think the second sentence answers the question posed by the first.

The issue will end up in the courts. In will be interesting how it all ends up. Cruise Ships may require passports & get away with it as they are not American Ships and the Jones Act (Basically Comp for sailers, longshoreman, commercial fisherman, stevedores, etc) only has one jurisdiction while Workers' Compensation. has 50 jurisdictions. (at the moment it's 50) Can employers specify? Anti-vaxers are not a protected class, however, HIPPA may make it illegal to ask the question.

I remember getting vaccines in elementary school (it had more than one room) and we all got them. If someone didn't it was low key but it seemed like it was mandatory.

Can you make all public school children get it? If a Union which says they are for employee safety, should they be saying 100% of the employees need to be vaccinated? do you really care about worker safety?) If you refuse to get your children vaccinated, are you sending them to a private school like Anti-vaxer Academy? (Will private schools be able to only have vaccinated students? If you refuse to vaccinated your child are you Home Schooling? Is this the issue that finally creates school vouchers? (Personally against)

Not planning to stay at a hut this year, I may bring a mask and feel okay getting water, as long as it's not during dinner. (2nd shot on Monday) If I was, I'm thinking all of a sudden top bunks will become very trendy. I used to prefer the bottom one, especially after a long trip in.

NO BLANKETS, Does that mean skits will be about sleeping with masks? Will a croo member be dressed as Dr. Fauci for every skit?

Last edited:
My guess is they need to start accepting reservations now and if there is an unexpected shift in the progression on getting the population vaccinated they can always adjust. Many of the COVID stimulus bills are intended try to break the cycle that businesses decide not to invest for the future just in case and then lose out on future profits. My guess is AMC has to lay out a large amount of cash soon to get the huts ready for a "normal" season, and if the government shuts them down they will get some sort of funding the cover the out of pocket. My shear speculation is AMCs target audience is probably the portion of the population that is actively embracing vaccinations. (is that PC enough not to offend someone?)

It will be interesting to see how granular they split the cohort approach. How many cohorts can be housed in a bunk room with 50 bunks?

Not an arrangement I’m willing to try this summer.