Acadia Cadillac Mountain Car reservations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure it this has been covered

I touched on it in the reservations thread in the NY tab. They did a trial last year and is in effect this year. Trust me when I say something had to be done. Made the mistake of driving up for the sunrise once. Took me an hour to get out of there. Two lanes down to one because of all the illegal roadside parking. The major problem I see with this, is that unlike a trail-head reservation, people that drive up don't stay that long. So if they sell X amount of passes per day, I see there being a lot of empty spots all day long. And from what I understand, in 2022, they will be putting this into play at a few of the other hot-spots. Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Jordan Pond, etc.

IMHO Acadia is ripe for an electric shuttle bus only system.

They do have a great shuttle system and I think the buses may be propane. Not positive about that. I use it all the time when there. A driver told me at least 3 years ago they were if fact going to do what you suggested. Only shuttle service on the busiest section of the Park Loop Road. Which is from the entrance gate to Otter Cliff Rd. Don't know what happened to that idea, which would have been great and solved many parking/traffic issues. They would have to at least double the size of the parking lot at the visitors center where you'd get the shuttle. That could be one reason.

An alternative is you can always go hiking way before the crack.

Last edited: