NY Hiking License Plate

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Saw this cool plate yesterday on my Mount Agamenticus workout.

How many other types of hiking-related plates are there in NY?

plate.jpg

Saw this cool plate yesterday on my Mount Agamenticus workout.

How many other types of hiking-related plates are there in NY?

View attachment 6651

Seen in the Elk Lake parking area for the Dix Range back in 2001

img428.jpg

And my understanding is that it is NOT one of the moderators

Not an official plate, but still very cool

Last edited:
As to the question in the OP, that’s the first “official” hiking themed plate I’ve seen in NY. Really a big push to draw people away from that cluster of 46 peaks in the Adirondacks. The Catskill fire tower challenge (only 5 peaks) has turned out to be way more popular than I envisioned it would become. I did Hunter with my 10-year-old right when it started and was prepared to do the other four with her but she was kind of “meh” about the whole hiking thing. Having said that, we family hiked Mount A a few years back while vacationing in Ogunquit (also responsive to the OP).

Last edited:
Puma, when/where did you see my 'Peakbagr' ? Ha ha, see my avatar.

Blackhead Range, circa 2018, on a beautiful spring day. We crossed paths I think between Black Dome and Blackhead and I recognized you from one of your library speeches. But alas, I introduced myself by my real name, which you clearly didn’t recognize, yet you were still nice enough to chat for about 5 minutes. When I got back to the trailhead, I saw that you had parked next to me. I figured there would eventually be the right moment for that picture and today was it. :D

Last edited: