Is this new or am I missing something regarding Parking for Tripyramids

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That trip report started from the Kanc trailhead for Livermore Trail but yeah that is the one day fee for parking. They raised it a couple years ago from $3 to $5. The annual pass covers parking there.

Pretty sure they meant "Livermore Road", and parked at the Depot/Livermore Camp in Waterville Valley. This lot does cost $5, and Livermore Road is one of the winter fat bike trails.

Tim

Its nice of them to post a trail report but I get the impression the reporter is a newby. Nice to report on trash but even better to pick it up. Last thing I knew dogs were legal on hiking trails.

Remember, the fee is *not* a parking fee—a fee for solely parking is prohibited—it is a fee for recreation amenities and the area must include all of the following:

(i) Designated developed parking.

(ii) A permanent toilet facility.

(iii) A permanent trash receptacle.

(iv) Interpretive sign, exhibit, or kiosk.

(v) Picnic tables.

(vi) Security services​

(Source.)

Note, those amenities may be located elsewhere remotely from the actual parking lot. That method has been used along the Kanc. at least at one lot. Not sure if they are still enforcing it.

Its nice of them to post a trail report but I get the impression the reporter is a newby. Nice to report on trash but even better to pick it up. Last thing I knew dogs were legal on hiking trails.

What gave it away? The "vertical rocks" on Pine Bend Brook Trail? And they supposedly went up the North Slide but that was a non issue? Thought it was a pretty sketchy report.