Bowman Base Camp is for sale

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went by today on my way to getting cleared to walk on two legs, the camp is now a big pile of kindling. A bit more snow on the ground and a gallon of diesel and it will make one heck of bonfire.

I went by today on my way to getting cleared to walk on two legs, the camp is now a big pile of kindling. A bit more snow on the ground and a gallon of diesel and it will make one heck of bonfire.

Good to see you are on the mend. I wanted to say thank you for letting us know you've observed the Bowman Camp as kindling this past week (we had not heard from the contractor/gotten pictures yet).
Next steps is getting the chimney pipe asbestos-certified for disposal (a formality of a couple of weeks), then the pile is off to the landfill!

Over the coming spring will be the steps of amending the soil of the site with lime to sweeten it up a bit - and in the autumn, a meadow of perennial native flowers will be seeded. It will take a few years to establish - most worthwhile things take time. We'll see how the area we planted last summer did - we put in a half-dozen hazelnuts and a couple of apple trees.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Now that I am mobile let me know if you want any more checks. My guess is by Tuesday, the area will be covered with a foot of new snow.

Work_Complete_02-22-2022-1.jpg
Work_Complete_02-22-2022-2.jpg
Work_Complete_02-22-2022-3.jpg
Other than one last load of debris once the snow melts, the demolition of the Bowman Camp is complete as of 02-22-2022.
Spring will bring cleanup and we'll plant a wildflower meadow there afterward. It will be lovely to see it mature over the years.