hiking the bonds tomorrow - does the spring still have water??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna

Reaction score
We are hiking in Zealand to the Bonds and staying at Guyot overnight then back out via Zealand with a 9 year old. I was reading that the spring at Guyot Shelter is not always reliable - has anyone hiked the Bonds in the past two days and used the spring? Thank you for your response in advance.

We are hiking in Zealand to the Bonds and staying at Guyot overnight then back out via Zealand with a 9 year old. I was reading that the spring at Guyot Shelter is not always reliable - has anyone hiked the Bonds in the past two days and used the spring? Thank you for your response in advance.

I can't say I've been to that exact spot of late but it is extremely dry in general up there right now so if that spring is not a reliable one I wouldn't be planning on it as an option. I can't think of many sources past Zeacliff Pond that would be usable in dry times. Hopefully someone here has been and can provide an exact report. Gonna be a hot one tomorrow too so a lot of water will be needed.