Looks like the whites have heavy rain potential Friday into Saturday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed.
I would say southern Vermont appears to be out of drought at this point. My pond is at peak levels. Rivers and streams are much higher than they've been down here and the ground seems super saturated.

Its coming through faster than originally predicted a few days ago. Looks like southern whites will get most if it. The Wildcat Carter Range and Mt Washington plus the Northern Presis tend to block these coastal even for north of RT 2. Despite recent rain my groundwater well used to water my garden is still record low. The woods are looking like they have had plenty of rain but I think the plants are grabbing it before it gets into the water table. My tomato plants are loving it for now.

Its coming through faster than originally predicted a few days ago. Looks like southern whites will get most if it. The Wildcat Carter Range and Mt Washington plus the Northern Presis tend to block these coastal even for north of RT 2. Despite recent rain my groundwater well used to water my garden is still record low. The woods are looking like they have had plenty of rain but I think the plants are grabbing it before it gets into the water table. My tomato plants are loving it for now.

Yeah, I noticed last weekend's rain, though not a huge amount, barely dented the E. Branch river gage. Likewise with this storm (currently at 124 cfs) so far, so lots of soaking in vs. running off.

Love these Nor Easter types. They always pull down the cool dry air from up North as they move out.. Had a awesome day today up in the Nash Stream forest.

Even with all the rain from the storm, Maine is still down about 5 inches from normal for the year according to a local paper.

CT is at the 3rd or 4th wettest July ever and it's just the 17th. (Those were numbers through the 16th and more Thunderstorms today.) Meanwhile the Allagash continues to be just over two feet deep at Allagash. Unsure if I should bring a paddle or hiking boots in two weeks.

CT is at the 3rd or 4th wettest July ever and it's just the 17th. (Those were numbers through the 16th and more Thunderstorms today.) Meanwhile the Allagash continues to be just over two feet deep at Allagash. Unsure if I should bring a paddle or hiking boots in two weeks.

You can always just come and paddle around in my basement. First time flooding (about 2 inches - not disastrous) in the 18 years we've been here. Northeast CT is so saturated and the storms keep coming. Can't wait to see my next electric bill with AC, dehumidifier and sump pumps all running....