Thread: Looks like Dolley Copp Campground is reopen

Looks like Dolley Copp Campground is reopen

I drove over Pinkham B road this morning and noticed that the signage is up again and the barricades are down at Dolley Copp campground. They had an article in the press about a month ago that there was no reopening date and they would reopen when they were done with the project. I had not seen anything in the local papers about a partial reopening by I did find this

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/whit...74443&actid=29 which says they are partially open. My guess is they are keeping it low key until the project is finished and they can get all the politicians in place to have grand reopening.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    I drove over Pinkham B road this morning and noticed that the signage is up again and the barricades are down at Dolley Copp campground. They had an article in the press about a month ago that there was no reopening date and they would reopen when they were done with the project. I had not seen anything in the local papers about a partial reopening by I did find this

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/whit...74443&actid=29 which says they are partially open. My guess is they are keeping it low key until the project is finished and they can get all the politicians in place to have grand reopening.
    I saw a WMNF (?) Facebook post about the partial opening a few weeks ago. I think they indicated a third of the sites were open and there were no reservations, just first come first serve. Based on the handful of photos they had it looked pretty good. Some major improvements.
    “Sometimes when you’ve lost something in your life that matters, the only thing left to do is go and find it.” Renan Ozturk