Olympic Nat'l Park's shorter hikes and other sights - yes/no

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinMom+1

Reaction score
Anyone hiked in Olympic Nat'l Park and if so, can you comment on the availability of short hikes or non-hiking things to do?
Or are there bucket list, must-do hikes there that we'd kick ourselves for missing?
Our 27-yo son broke his right fibula (walking up the stairs at home, 3 days after doing Mt. Garfield like a champ - go figure) and will be fresh out of a walking boot by then. His autism precludes him from telling me how he feels in detail, so I need to gauge his rehab by other means, and not push it so he overdoes it (like his mother).

The most recent post on Olympic Nat'l Park hikes was in 2016 (Mirabella) suggests lots of other stuff to do. In my heart of hearts if there are big wonderful Hurricane Ridge or other treks that the entire family will have to miss, I'm inclined to defer the trip for a year and just hang out at the Cape where walks on hard and soft sand, rail trails, and biking rehab will be easy to do. At Olympic we have 2 nights in Sequim, 1 night at Lake Crescent, 2 at Sol Duc, 1 by the Hoh Rainforest and 2 at Lake Quinault, so the accommodations should take us around the clock of the peninsula.

It's always an adventure at our house as the saying goes. Thanks in advance.