Midstate Trail Nastiness

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Covid. When I did the MA Mid State a few years ago, there were places home owners did everything possible to obscure the trail. Covering it over with yard trimmings, taking down blaze markers, putting up fences and out right obliteration by developers. It got worse the further south it went. I imagine it's much worse now down around the Spencer area.

The same thing was occurring in the Foxborough state forest a
Couple of years ago. It was never determined who had done it.
With the proximity, could be the same person(s)

At Ragged Mountain in Connecticut, a neighbor kept taking down trail markers and filling in the trail. So RMF members set up a camera on the trail--quite out in the open. Then they set up a camera hard to see, focused on the first camera. The neighbor was caught on the second camera trying to take the first one off.

Then he nailed a raccoon to a tree, on the trail.

They took him to court.

Thank you for the clarification . Although it seems prudent the owner of the wire should eradicate the situation. Not to be cynical but it seems a bit too convenient on his part.

Hummm...

The story describes the placement as follows:

In this case, the two wires were about 15 feet apart.

"It was probably four to five inches off the ground, ankle-height," she said.

Seems odd that wires are across the trail, no?

Maybe if it keeps the pooch contained and discourages hikers in the process it's a win-win for the landowner!

Hummm...

The story describes the placement as follows:

In this case, the two wires were about 15 feet apart.

"It was probably four to five inches off the ground, ankle-height," she said.

Seems odd that wires are across the trail, no?

Maybe if it keeps the pooch contained and discourages hikers in the process it's a win-win for the landowner!

And if you can get your dog to go out and bark right at your property line and scare some hikers so they don't come back to that section, that's even better. (Some sections of trail I keep going back to, others it's a one and done, quiet and solitude and scenery goes into that evaluation)