VT5 / Vermont 4000 footers grid finishers?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dace

Reaction score
With this being my first post on VFFT, I want to start by thanking everyone who contributes to the content and upkeep on the site. Although I just got an actual login, the forums have been a fantastic resource that I've been using for years in planning trips around New England.

I finally decided to get a forum username recently, after completing a "grid" of the five VT 4000ft peaks. This was done in 12 consecutive months from October 2020 to September 2021 (although I'll likely continue through the end of the year to have a clean "calendar year grid" for 2021), and I haven't been able to find any reference online to anyone else completing a VT grid in any amount of time (single or multi year). I did meet one person in the course of my year who said they were working on a grid for Vermont but I didn't catch if it was a single year project or not.

Is anyone aware of other VT5 grid finishers? I'm sure they are out there but was surprised to see no mention of it in fairly extensive searching. I figured if anyone was going to know, it would be someone in this community - thanks!

Welcome to VFTT, nice to have some new folks who value the site.

The VT grid is new one to me. Maybe one of the folks hosting the other grid sites may adopt it.

Welcome! There is a 67 x 12 grid (New England 4k) so by definition there are at least 4 other finishers.

http://www.48x12.com/67x12finishers.php

Q for all: I forgot who, but I know there's some agency in VT that wants (bans?) folks off the trails during mud season. Does this impact any of the 4k's?

Welcome! There is a 67 x 12 grid (New England 4k) so by definition there are at least 4 other finishers.

http://www.48x12.com/67x12finishers.php

Q for all: I forgot who, but I know there's some agency in VT that wants (bans?) folks off the trails during mud season. Does this impact any of the 4k's?

Good point about the 67x12 finishers, and also about mud season! This was something I realized a few months into the project over the winter and had to make a decision about. As the mud season dates change a bit year-to-year, I decided to continue with the project, hoping for favorable conditions and accepting that I might have to bail at some point. The low snowfall over the winter and rapid warming in the spring this past year were, in hindsight, crucial to being able to complete the consecutive months. The ability to go up ski trails for most of the peaks was a big one as well. I made it to memorial day feeling like I could honestly say that I had adhered to the GMC guidelines, but it's likely true that the single-year effort wouldn't have been possible in other years.