Baxter update, 10/18/2021

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ aka Teej

Reaction score
Overnight camping season, including the Birches, ends October 22nd.
Parking pass program ended the 15th.

From the Park:
Fall road closures:
For maintenance and administrative purposes, the Roaring Brook Road will be closed at the Sanctuary line from Wednesday morning, October 20, until at least Monday, October 25.
For maintenance purposes, the South Branch Pond Road is closed until further notice.

West side Katahdin trails (Hunt and Abol) usually close shortly after camping season ends.
Winter camping reservations begin November 1st!

Overnight camping season, including the Birches, ends October 22nd.
Parking pass program ended the 15th.

From the Park:

West side Katahdin trails (Hunt and Abol) usually close shortly after camping season ends.
Winter camping reservations begin November 1st!

Hopefully some of the Baxter Rangers have improved their attitude towards visitors.
A little more of a welcoming attitude and friendliness would go a long way at BSP.

Nothing but positive interactions on the three trips I’ve made to BSP this year.

Same with my one trip this year and probably 30 or 40 trips before. The only complaints I have seen or heard of are folks trying to take exception to the rules which can be complex.

Same with my one trip this year and probably 30 or 40 trips before. The only complaints I have seen or heard of are folks trying to take exception to the rules which can be complex.

Amen to to that. And there is always an annoying minority who want to bend the rules to their own needs and wants.

As a guest and occasional Park vol, I have found the staff friendly, professional and helpful.

Let it rest.

I didn't make it up there this year, but I am glad to hear good reports coming out of Baxter. It is such an easy problem to fix.