Snow on the summits.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
The snow is not just on Washington this morning. The northern Presidentials are all white. My guess is snow in the trees down to 4K. With a couple of warm days coming up it will be interesting to see if it melts off before a cool down on the weekend. No doubt the webcams on the Obs site will show then snowline. The wildcat cam was acting up the last time I looked and the new Bretton Woods Cam was still looking in shadows but it looks like the snow line on the west exposure may be bit lower

The latest long range trend I have seen is warmer than normal until mid November.

Last edited:
It can't come soon enough. Me and my dog Shay, were in the Belknap's yesterday, my dog was covered in deer ticks. Not going to the low ranges again, till they freeze over. It was Hitchcocky. :eek:

It can't come soon enough. Me and my dog Shay, were in the Belknap's yesterday, my dog was covered in deer ticks. Not going to the low ranges again, till they freeze over. It was Hitchcocky. :eek:

I was in the Ossipee's today but wore knee high black gaiters, so I didn't notice any. Will heat those gaiters in the dryer tonight. Did see the Presidential Range covered in snow, looked like some on the Franconia Ridge also.

Last edited:
Does seem like a noticeable uptick (pun!) in ticks lately. Haven’t seen much all year and then wham all of sudden the October cycle seemed to hit with the mild weather.

Heading to the ADK's this weekend and Micro's will be packed, just in case.

I’m also headed to the Dax. Saddleback, basin, haystack and camp at the gorge. I’m going to roll the dice and skip the spikes.

Saw a few people with spikes this weekend. For myself they would have been less stable with what little ice there was. Still impressed how much mud there is in the dax, it seems never ending. Stopped at Blake and Colvin on the way out. Great views from Colvin.