Youtube video on WMNF mysteries

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srhigham

Reaction score
There's a recent video on Youtube called "Missing Hikers &Strange Disappearances in White Mountain National Forest".

Here's what's mentioned:

2004, Mt. Kancamagus, remains found of Steven Romneys (spelling?)
1994, Valley Way Trail, female remins found.
1983, Michael Miller missing from summit of Mt. Lafayette
early 1970's, Ethel Connors, missing from Swain Hill, Warren
2004, Maura Murray, missing after minor car crash, Haverhill
1972 Jennings Peak (?), Cessna wreckage with pilot, lost in 1966, found in 1972
Mormon Settlement, 1830s, abandoned suddenly, Easton

Any others he should have inclued? (I can think of a couple.) :eek:

If you read the book 'Not without Peril', there are many stories about people passing away in the Whites, some of whom have never been found.

Louise Chaput a Canadian hiker staying at Pinkham Notch was murdered on Glen Boulder trail quite near RT 16, Her pack was missing and car keys gone (but the car was not). Its still an unsolved case but the speculation if that it someone just drifting through.

The death off of Valley Way trail was attributed to suicide, there reportedly were signs that the person intended to pass away at the campsite they had built.

Last edited:
Louise Chaput was one that came to mind when i first saw the video. The other one was the poor little kid who was lost near Mount Potash in Lincoln.

Louise Chaput was one that came to mind when i first saw the video. The other one was the poor little kid who was lost near Mount Potash in Lincoln.

Mt. Potash is on the other side of Kancamagus Pass. This incident occurred above the condo development on the slopes of Mt Whaleback in Lincoln I believe.

Thank you I stand corrected within the most degree. A most tragic event on all levels. Still somewhat of a cold case.The events that stories are made from that might still be solved.

The Whites have a deep history of death and hauntings, some believe in it, some don't. I have heard many of the stories and have also studied and read much of the history. Crawford Notch and the Southern Peaks have a lot of energy from those that have past, I've personally encountered many of those, that still hang around in the area. Some people think dying on a mountain is a glorious death. I can assure you, those that have, beg to differ. Ever hear the story of the lone caretaker of Lakes opening up early in the season? Ask him about it.

Some people think dying on a mountain is a glorious death. I can assure you, those that have, beg to differ.

Hmm, sounds like you were with these folks when they passed. I think you just said too much sir.

WE JUST FOUND THE FRANCONIA STRANGLER, EVERYONE.

Sounds like Sierra is the ghost whisperer of The Whites.

Sounds like Sierra is the ghost whisperer of The Whites.
That's fantastic to hear! It's great when you genuinely enjoy going to work and feel excited about it. It seems like Shane McConkey shared a similar perspective. Keep up the positive attitude!

Last edited: